Job Title: Advanced level 3 Apprenticeship in Business and Administration
Job Location: Central London
Job Type: Full Time
Exact Pay: £346.15/ week
Job Start: ASAP
Leading media company are offering a great new opportunity for a Project Coordinator Apprentice.
Purpose of the role
The Project Administrator Apprentice is responsible for assisting the Project Manager to provide comprehensive project co-ordination and office management support to ensure the smooth and efficient operations of on the pre-construction and construction planning, monitoring, construction assurance and delivery to cost, programme, safety and quality requirements.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist the Project Manager to co-ordinate all aspects of the project
- Assist the Project Manager to co-ordinate, motivate and direct the project team, contractors and consultants to ensure all safety, quality, cost and programme targets are met and to ensure compliance with policies and procedures
- Assist the Project Manager to co-ordinate detailed cost plans, phasing expenditure and cash flow over the term and control of change
- Assist the Project Manager and Planner to co-ordinate detailed programme plans, actions and tracking tools
- Assist the Project Engineer to co-ordinate, motivate and direct the engineering team, contractors and consultants to ensure all technical targets are met and to ensure compliance with policies and procedures
- Support the team by performing office management duties including ordering equipment, booking meeting rooms, facilitating and chairing meetings and taking minutes.
- Assist with the risk management process
- Assist with the contract procurement processes and activities in collaboration with the commercial/procurement team
- Liaise with interfacing projects and co-ordinate associated works construction activities
- Assist with ensuring that works construction activities comply with relevant safety legislation and TfL safety requirements.
- Build relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
Effective Communication – Ability to articulate complex information and issues in an impactful way.
Client Partner Focus: To work with internal and/or external clients and partners to understand their priorities, issues and success measures.
Collaboration – understand, respect and respond to others priorities and needs, working in partnership to achieve best outcome that benefits the organisation as a whole.
- Presentation, facilitation, communication and influencing skills.
- Motivated, well organised and methodical.
- Stakeholder management experience with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Structured and organised – with appropriate level to detail
- GCSEs Maths and English A-C or equivalent
- A Level or equivalent
- Ability to analyse data, draw conclusions, produce reports and make recommendations to senior management.
- Good all round data and business analysis, requirements specification and technical report writing skills
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with people at all levels across the organisation and externally.
- Ability to build effective working relationships, with people at all levels across the organisation and externally and to influence.
- Ability to plan, implement and manage projects to deliver to time, budget and quality.
- Ability to use office based computer packages, e.g. MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) to basic level.
- Experience of working in project management – able to manage projects independently, handle multiple tasks and work well to tight deadlines
- Experience of building relationships with, and influencing, a range of people at all levels within and outside the organisation
- Experience of working in a construction or engineering environment is desirable
- Experience of office management in a railway or comparable industry is desirable
- Experience of preparing budgets and forecasts in conjunction with relevant line manager is desirable.
- Ideally an understanding of the Out of Home industry is desirable
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- 25 days holiday
- Free breakfast
- Additional in-house training
- Group Networking with other Apprentices
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please send through your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call him on 0207 703 8923.