Job Title: Business Administration Apprentice (Level 3)
Job Location: London
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: £19,890 per annum
Job Start: ASAP
London Bridge – The Area
London Bridge has been a key area of London for centuries and is today home to a community of businesses that range from multi-nationals to art galleries and seats of government. It is, in short, one of the world’s most notable places to do business.
More than 50,000 workers access the 400 plus businesses located here, while London Bridge Station accommodates in excess of 350,000 travellers a day. Some 3000 residents call London Bridge home, and it has over 10 million visitors a year taking in the sights.
Team London Bridge (TLB) – The Organisation
One of the UK’s leading Business Improvement Districts (BID) with a vision to make: London Bridge a ‘globally significant, historic and vibrant place of modern commerce, enterprise and creativity’. www.teamlondonbridge.co.uk
Team London Bridge (TLB) aims to achieve:
o A well-connected engaging and context sensitive place
o A formidable and diversified economy
o Partnerships that are collaborative, integrated and strong
o A clear recognisable identity that reveals the London Bridge Story
London Bridge Hive – The Venue
A place to engage, create and collaborate: www.londonbridgehive.org
Team London Bridge have aspired to create a collaborative physical and virtual space to connect local organisations and individuals; encouraging engagement and creativity.
Located just two minutes from London Bridge Station and five minutes from More London, this central hub is multi-functional and can accommodate workshops, training, exhibitions, showcases, consultations, meetings and events.
The Apprentice will manage all aspects related to good usage of our events space, London Bridge Hive. They will provide support to the Responsible Business and Events Manager with running a full calendar of events of different sizes and themes. This role will also involve general administration support to a small team, ensuring the efficient running of all the organisation administration and office in a busy and dynamic environment.
The responsibilities listed below are broad and varied, therefore it is important that the applicant has the ability to multi-task, use their own initiative and demonstrate flexibility and a willingness to get involved.
In-house training and support (in addition to the Apprenticeship training)
We are committed to ensure that this role will provide you with an opportunity to grow and develop:
- You will benefit from regular one-to-one meetings to review progress against mutually agreed objectives and amend as and where may be necessary.
- We will allow for 3-4 hours a week (dispersed, within office hours) to be dedicated to your Apprenticeship studies
As part of this role, within the first 3 months at TLB we will provide support for you:
- To familiarise yourself with the existing administrative procedures and policies adopted by TLB – within the first 4 weeks
- To spend time with each TLB colleague to learn about and understand their roles, to enable you to provide assistance and support to them as required – These meetings should take place with the first 6 weeks
- To have undertaken internal training and become a proficient user of the database – within the first 8 weeks
- To have a full understanding of all team colleagues’ roles and the ways in which you as Business Administrator Apprentice can assist them in the course of their duties, and to have demonstrated the willingness and flexibility to do so as directed by them – within the first 8 weeks and ongoing
Key tasks and responsibilities:
By the end of this 18 months Level 3 Business Administration apprenticeship, we endeavour that you will be confident and capable to deliver the following:
1) Events space management (London Bridge Hive)
- Act as first point of contact for all booking enquiries
- Manage the bookings system, with the prospect of reviewing it and improving it twice a year
- Responsible for keeping an updated, comprehensive and transparent bookings calendar
- Assist with marketing the space in order to achieve set financial targets derived from bookings
- Monitor and report on the generating of income element, against set targets
- Set up space before bookings, based on clients’ preferred layout and requirements; meet and greet the clients; offer induction if needed
- Monitor supplies and order accordingly
- Liaise with Premise Officers in order to arrange out of hours opening/ locking up
- Keep the events space and storage space tidy at all times
2) Logistics support for TLB events, assisting the Responsible Business and Events Manager with running a full calendar of events throughout the year
- Marketing: assist with creating content and promoting the event updates on company data base, websites and social media
- General logistics: create and monitor guest lists, print name badges, venue set-up and de-rig, order necessary props and supplies
- Stakeholder management: liaise with both venues/events hosts and attendees respectively
- Planning: assist with post-event feedback implementation and data collection surveys
3) Provide assistance to the team with individual projects as the need arises.
- Perform reception duties in an efficient, professional and courteous manner and act as a ‘front of house’ ambassador for TLB
- To administer Team London Bridge’s office and administration duties, such as stationery supplies, phone calls, filing or general tidiness in the working space and storage areas
- Ensure relevant messages, post and information are passed on in a timely manner
- Work with the Business and Operations Manager to maintain and update the centralised company database
- Assist with minute taking for Task and Steering groups (desirable)
Due to the number of events, the company holds a flexible approach to working hours.
- Minimum 5 GCSEs of A* to C (including Maths and English)
- At least 1 years’ experience of working or volunteering in a customer-facing role, with customer relationship management and office and business management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good knowledge of computer software packages such as Word, Excel, Power Point
- Ability to work with a range of professionals from a wide variety of backgrounds
- Ability to deal with internal and external people at various levels in a polite and professional manner
- An Enthusiastic and proactive approach to handling a wide variety of tasks and willingness to adapt to changing priorities as business requires.
- An Interest in regeneration and business partnership work is desirable
- Must be able to provide appropriate proof of their Right To Work in the UK
- Due to the number of events, the candidate must have a flexible approach to working hours.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please send through your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call him on 0207 701 2982.