Title: Customer Service Advisor
Job Location: London
Job Type: Full Time
Homes for Students is one of the UK’s leading providers of student accommodation. We have an excellent track record and take pride in the fact that many of our student residents chose to return to us year after year and recommend us to their friends. Homes for Students is part of the ANUK national code, which demonstrates our commitment to providing good quality housing for students.
Homes for Students has a vacancy for a full time Customer Services Advisor at Orbital in Nottingham. The role involves providing a meet and greet, reception and FM help desk service as well as supporting all back office functions and providing administration support to the operations team and Property Manager. The roles includes supporting open days, intake days and departures as well as assisting day to day visitors, students and external contacts.
The ideal candidate will be able to provide a cheerful reception service to all students and visitors and will ensure that the highest level of customer service is maintained as well as acting as a role model for excellent service delivery.
You will be required to deal with enquiries from customers and visitors to the property, providing appropriate advice and information through email, website enquiries, via the telephone and in person. You will provide a professional helpdesk and telephone service, answering calls promptly and helpfully.
To be successful in this role, ideal candidates are required to have excellent IT skills along with superb customer care, communication and interpersonal skills. You should be able to understand and respond to the needs of the students and as this is a busy and varied role you will be required to be highly organised at all times. The successful candidate will be an excellent problem solver and will be responsible for responding to and resolving any complaints.
General Duties Include:
- To provide an excellent and customer focused reception service to all students and visitors.
- To provide a professional helpdesk and telephone service with calls answered promptly, knowledgably and helpfully.
- To promptly and courteously deal with enquiries from customers and visitors to the property, providing appropriate advice and information, through a variety of methods, including email, website, telephone and in person.
- To ensure the highest level of customer service is maintained at all times and act as a role model for excellent service delivery.
- To support student check in and check out activities.
- To assist on open days and carry out viewings.
- To provide and display information to students in relation to travel, events, luggage storage and tenancy procedures.
- To sort the incoming and outgoing post and parcels and log all correspondence.
- To carry out general administration and office support, including typing, photocopying, scanning, filing and ordering of stationary off the approved list. Ensuring that databases and spreadsheets are maintained as required.
- To comply with Health and Safety working practices at all times and provide information to visitors and subcontractors on HFS processes.
- Log any report faults onto the helpdesk, prioritising and monitoring the status of any faults and liaising with the Property Team to ensure they are aware of the status to support the delivery of service KPI’s.
- To respond to emergencies in a professional and diligent manner.
- To follow the complaints procedures and to receive, log and attempt to resolve complaints received from customers with a view to the continuous improvement of our services.
- Embed customer involvement by involving and consulting with customers to find ways to shape, improve and deliver services to meet their needs and to promote the student experience within our property through entertainment and involvement.
- To be vigilant regarding student welfare issues and to report any student problem or any unusual behaviour to your line manager immediately.
Previous experience in a customer service role is essential.
In return we can offer you:
- A varied, interesting and rewarding workload, offering great development opportunities in a top-achieving company
- An opportunity to flourish in an environment where there are new and exciting programmes and initiatives frequently being released
- 23 days Annual Leave per year, plus Bank Holidays
- A stakeholder pension scheme
- The opportunity to buy an additional 5 days annual leave
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme
- An employee of the month/year scheme
- Long Service Award Scheme
- Access to a Tastecard+ after you have worked for us for 6 months
- The ability to participate in an employee forum
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please send through your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 0207 701 2982.