Title: Customer Service Assistant
Job Location: London
Job Type: Full Time
We at network rail are dedicated to becoming one of Britain’s best employers and believe this starts with placing the candidate at the heart of everything we do!
Our ambition to be responsive to passengers and freight users, drives us every day and we are empowered to do the right thing for those who use the rail network. We actively challenge unsafe practices and take responsibility for addressing risks, resolving issues and protecting safety and wellbeing.
To provide a customer focused presence within the station on a day-to-day basis to deliver a first class and safe station environment for Train Operating Companies (TOCs), passengers and retailers.
- Provide a highly visible point of contact for station users providing customer service to all, including visitors, contractors, retailers, TOC’s and customers travelling throughout the station.
- Undertake regular station checks including contractor compliance, security, safety and equipment in accordance with relevant company standards and procedures, completing the relevant paperwork for audit purposes.
- Respond to and record emergencies and incidents involving the general public and industry partners, as required.
- Provide a point of contact for the reporting of faults within the station, maintaining appropriate records, reviewing and closing actions as required.
- Actively assist and provide information to customers travelling throughout the station.
- Check contractors have relevant risk assessments and method statements prior to issuing Permit to Work.
- In liaison with customers, external authorities and regulators, implement plans to prevent and manage criminal activity on the station, including discouraging and preventing unauthorised persons from entering or remaining on the station.
- Provide a proactive role in dealing with hazards or unsafe conditions, checking that all such occurrences are reported correctly.
- Fulfil allocated duties as prescribed within Emergency Plans.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please send through your CV to email@example.com or call him on 0207 701 2982.