Job Title: Digital Print Operator
Job Location: London
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: £20,000 – £24,000
An experienced Digital Print Operator/Finisher is urgently needed to take over and help grow our small but busy digital printing department. We are a creative design and web agency with an in-house digital print production operation for which you will be responsible for the day to day running.
Working closely with the studio Director your primary objectives will be to ensure the smooth day to day running of our in-house print production and that jobs are produced to the required high standards, finished with care and dispatched to our clients on time.
You will also have the scope and flexibility to implement new ideas, introduce new products and help develop systems and processes improving efficiency and output.
- Organise/Manage all digital print production workflow
- Manage output and finish of large format material
- Manage schedules and ensure deadlines are met
- Monitor and ensure quality assurance of all finished products
- Assist with customer complaints, misprints etc promptly and professionally
- Manage/Control consumable stock levels and order from suppliers
- Organise/Co-ordinate courier shipments of printed material for delivery to clients
- Edit/Update/Manage artwork to ensure files conform with product/system specifications
- Operate Machinery as follows; Konica C1070, Xerox 242, EFI Fiery, HP DesignJet 500 Plus , Duplo 120 Booklet Maker, Duplo DC-445 Creaser, Matrix Duplex 530, EBA 550 Guillotine
Skills & Requirements:
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a Digital print centre environment.
- Experience of using Xerox, Konica, Large Format Digital Printers and Fiery RIP
- Experience of various types of print finishing (Guillotining, Lamination, Binding and Roller Banner making)
- Good knowledge of MAC/PC, Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office
- Ability to work well under pressure
- High level of customer service
- Ability to manage a job from start to finish
- Ability to work out and give quotes
- Good spoken and written English is essential.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please send through your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call him on 0207 701 2982.