Title: Employment Services Manager
Job Location: London
Job Type: Full Time
Thames Reach believes that everyone should have a decent home, build supportive relationships and lead fulfilling lives. Employment and skills support is integral to Thames Reach’s services as it gives people the opportunity to move away from the risk of homelessness. As an Employment Services Manager (Senior Practitioner) in the team you will manage key and high profile projects and develop our employment and skills offer.
About the Role
You will lead and manage a number of projects within the Employment & Skills team which could include into-work support, literacy and digital skills development and better-work support.
· Recruit and train reading buddies and reading group volunteers
· Promote employment and skills across Thames Reach services
· Manage employment and skills projects within the team
· Supervise and support staff
· Complete the monitoring and reporting for projects to commissioners
· Develop partnerships with external organisations to enhance the work of the Employment & Skills team
· Ensure the team effectively record their work and that performance information is accurate
You will play a key role in the development of our employment & skills services and your work with contribute to influencing the future of service provision across the UK.
Successful candidates will demonstrate:
· Excellent communication, organisation and creative problem solving skills.
· Commitment to support people to develop skills and lead fulfilling lives.
· Creating and working through action and training plans and be strongly outcome focused.
· The ability to use IT systems to communicate and record your work.
· Strong time management skills.
· Be confident in working autonomously as well as within a team, the role will involve office work and in the community.
As well as a great working environment we can also offer:
· Support and training to develop your skills.
· Learning & Development opportunities including (Tuition Aid & Management Training)
· 6.5% non-contributory pension
· Flexible working
· 29 days annual leave
Thames Reach is committed to achieving a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve. We value, respect, and celebrate diversity. We welcome and encourage applicants from all sections of the community regardless of their history of homelessness, sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, or religious belief.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please send through your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call him on 0207 701 2982.