Job Title: Finance & Business Officer
Job Location: Central London
Job Type: Part Time (25 Hours)
Exact Pay: Up to £17,745 pro rata
Job Start: ASAP
Opportunity for a Finanace Officer with a charity that supports older people to lead fulfilling lives improving their health, well being and quality of life.
OVERALL JOB PURPOSE
To provide excellent financial and administrative support to the Finance and Business Services Manager to deliver the vision for the service.
- Customer care, equal opportunities and diversity:
- Ensure a high standard of customer care such that people feel welcome whenever they come into the centre or however they contact us.
- Update user equalities and diversity information
- To be aware of financial policies and procedures and act in accordance with them at all times.
- Purchase invoices – Receive the purchase invoices and input them into the excel spreadsheet and, once approved, register them in Sage 50 accounts
- Sales invoices – raise the customer invoices on Sage 50 and distribute them accordingly
- Reconciliations – prepare the bank reconciliation, the daily income reconciliation and the income and expenditure reconciliation
- Petty cash – manage petty cash and request a top up when necessary.
- Banking – prepare the banking for manager approval
- Accruals – prepare the adjustments for income and expenditure to support preparation of the management accounts
- Accurately maintain financial records and files
- Process membership applications, updating Act!
- Produce membership statistics monthly.
- Input and maintain staff records of staff attendance, annual or other leave, workplans, performance appraisals.
- Input and maintain development and training records.
- Performance management, monitoring and evaluation and impact assessment:
- Keep activity group records up to date and set up new groups in Act!
- Input User attendance records from registers and signing in sheets into Act!
- Produce attendance statistics monthly for all activities and services
- Administer satisfaction surveys and input the results.
- Produce statistical monitoring information for Trustees and funders
- Marketing and promotion:
- Research, maintain and update stakeholder and funder and marketing records in Act!
- Produce marketing materials in line with guidance to support marketing the service.
- Distribute marketing materials in a timely manner.
- Premises management:
- Raise repair orders and follow up as requested by the manager in line with financial polices
- Maintain H&S and inspection records
- Order stationary and cleaning materials as requested by the manager in line with financial policies and procedures
- General administration
Update and maintain all Finance and Business records and files as directed by the manager
DBS check required
- Experience of working with older people
- Experience of providing finance administration
- Experience of providing business services
- Experience of representing the organisation
- Experience of training colleagues and supervising volunteers
Skills and knowledge
- NVQ level 2 or equivalent
- AAT qualified or working towards
- Finance system literate – very competent in using mainstream accountancy packages such as Sage 50 or others.
- Awareness of issues affecting older people
- Awareness of the voluntary sector
- Awareness of health and safety and lone working
- Good problem solving and decision making skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- IT literate (very competent in the use of Excel or equivalent spreadsheet packages and competent in the use of MS Office Word, Power point, Access and Publisher) and self servicing
- Highly organized, with strong attention to detail.
- A strong commitment to working with older people, volunteers and the community.
- The postholder will also need to be self-reliant, energetic and able to prioritise activities and tasks and be flexible where needed.
- A people person with a friendly demeanor able to guide and advise others to ensure that procedures are followed.
- Treats all people with respect and dignity, dealing with them fairly.
- Great problem solver with a positive, solutions based attitude.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please send through your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call him on 0207 703 8923.