Job Title: Home Care Assistant
Job Location: London
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: £10.00 – £15.00/hour
Care Outlook is looking for people like you…
People that put care first, that know how to care for others, that restore confidence, dignity and choice to those in need and want to build a career within Home Care.
As the leading provider of Home Care services in London, the South East and Oxford, we’re looking to grow our ranks of compassionate and skilled Home Care Assistants.
We deliver a range of services committed to connecting those in need with companionship, professionalism and the understanding of a trusted network of over 800 skilled Care Assistants.
Day to day your job can mean making a cup of tea, a conversation, administering personal care or simply being a good listener – through to more specialist support for individuals with dementia or life limiting conditions. We’re there for short visits through to 365 days a year regular domiciliary care.
Experience isn’t necessary, as we’ll support you with all the training and development you need to grow as a specialist Home Care Assistant. You will, however, need the patience, understanding, compassion and resilience for a job that can be truly rewarding for the right people.
Day-to-day duties may include:
- Providing quality care in the comfort of the home environment.
Building a relationship that supports individuals in their daily activities to preserve and restore their independence and dignity.
- Assisting individuals with personal care including washing, dressing, medication, toileting and meal preparation.
- Assisting individuals with domestic care including shopping, laundry, finance management and light housework.
- Providing individuals with emotional support and maintaining their independence.
- Transportation, assisting with appointments and social meetups.
The benefits of working with Care Outlook
- Excellent rates of pay for weekdays and weekends.
- We offer both fixed and zero-hour contracts.
- A workplace pension scheme.
- An opportunity to work for a leading company that’s growing.
- Outstanding training & career development with continuous support.
- Both full & part-time opportunities available.
- Opportunity for career progression within care.
- Great foundation to launch into a career in nursing, social work, policing and a variety of other careers.
- Two-weekly payroll.
- Join an online community of care assistants for events, meetups, recognition and development.
- Work within an independent, family-run company that hold traditional values close and know how much care assistants matter.
Home Care Assistant requirements:
- Full and part time work – including alternate weekends.
- Caring, compassionate, kind and enthusiastic about the care you’re providing.
- You will be required to provide care for both male and female individuals.
- 100% committed to helping improve the quality of life for vulnerable people.
- Willing to undertake personal care tasks that include bathing and toileting.
- The ability to follow Care Outlook’s policies and procedures.
- You may be working either within a team or as an individual.
- Some care-related experience is preferable but not essential.
- You must have the right to work in the UK.
- Hold a current – or willing to undertake – a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check.
- Car drivers are preferable but not essential.
We want to hear from those that understand the importance of care and why it comes first so that we can support them in everything they need for a career in the care sector.
Please note this is a Domiciliary Care vacancy which involves providing care and support within a customers own home.
Care Outlook are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing our Care Assistants with everything they need to progress in a career delivering quality care.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please send through your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call him on 0207 701 2982.