Title: Housing Debt and Money Advisor
Job Location: London
Job Type: Full Time
We’re currently seeking an experienced Money adviser with experience with housing debt to prevent homelessness by offering specialist money advice to reduce debts, maximise income and help customers manage their money more effectively.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To provide advice to customers through face to face interview, telephone, home visits and by correspondence within a customer care framework in relation to the housing choices available to them.
- To operate money advice surgeries across the borough so that accessibility to the service is maximised.
- Negotiate with lenders and landlords to prevent repossessions wherever possible.
- To provide advice, assistance and liaison to prevent homelessness as a result of mortgage repossession.
- To ensure all money advice case work is clearly and appropriately documented an where possible confirmed in writing.
- An understanding of the benefit cap, universal credit, rules in relation to local housing allowance and housing benefit.
- Have familiarity with the procedures for repossessing properties and obtaining money judgements.
- Knowledge of benefits, and of management strategies.
- Experience of working in a local authority or RSL setting in a housing sphere.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information – please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://(url removed)/candidate-privacy
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please send through your CV to email@example.com or call him on 0207 701 2982.