Job Title: Project Assistant
Job Location: London
Job Type: Part Time (21 hours/week)
The Project –is a one year funded programme supported by L&Q Housing association. Creation Trust has previously established resident support and employment programmes to ensure residents are helped through and receive the benefits of the regeneration of the Aylesbury Estate. This new project will help support residents to remain in work. We will offer training in Money Management, Health and Well-Being and provide opportunities for them to become more active in their communities. The project assistant will help with the delivery of community based events and training tailored to the needs of the residents.
Main Purpose of Job As part of the L&Q Place Makers Fund, the Project Assistant will support the Project Co-ordinator in delivering the project for residents living on the Aylesbury Estate, and the immediate surrounding area, and will undertake a range of duties designed to develop, maintain, and promote the service. This will also include some coordinating and support for Community Coaches & some evening and week-end work for which time off in lieu will be given
Main Purpose of Job: To contribute to the delivery and reporting on frontline operational delivery services for the Off the Blocks Project. To provide full administrative project support for residents seeking training, education and development opportunities. To update client interventions on the Creation Database and identify interventions that meet their individual need. To maintain client files and ensure the orderly maintenance of the same. To assist in the recruitment of clients using a variety of marketing and recruitment techniques in order to ensure maximum take up of the programme
1. Opening and closing the Creation Training Centres, providing centre management administrative support including processing paperwork, maintaining clients’ records, and dealing with visitors and external contractors as appropriate.
2. Assisting in the maintenance of a database of residents by maintaining accurate records and identifying interventions that meet individual and group needs.
3. Contributing to the promotion, monitoring and reporting on outcomes and ensuring workshops costs are spent and project objectives are met within agreed budgets
4. Supporting all delivery and facilitation of Worklessness Projects including working in partnership with external providers where appropriate
5. Contributing to the development of the workshops and activities for residents.
6. Supporting the administrative needs of any contracting, tendering, recruitment and other activities needed for the successful delivery of projects in line with agreed frameworks and policies
7. Supporting staff, contractors and volunteers as appropriate to contribute to the development and delivery of Worklessness related projects.
8. Signposting residents participating on the Project as appropriate to sources of information, support and advice within Creation Trust to enable them to meet their goals on aspects of their lives, i.e. regeneration support, benefits advice etc., and externally as appropriate.
9. Undertaking any other duties commensurate with the role that may be necessary to meet business needs including supporting the Project Co-ordinator. This will include attending weekend and evening meetings from time to time.
Appointment will be subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks including a DBS check & 2 month probationary period
-London Borough of Southwark
-London & Quadrant
-Residents, Leaseholders, and all customers of the Aylesbury Estate/SE17 and the immediate surrounding area
-Members of the Board of Trustees, sub-group/committee members, staff, volunteers
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please send through your CV to email@example.com or call him on 0207 701 2982.