Job Title: Rehabilitation Assistant (Day/Night)
Job Location: London
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: £10.50 – £11.00/hour
Post: Rehabilitation Assistant (Day/Night shifts)
Location: Residential Homes
Department: Support Team
Responsible to: Service Manager (through line management process)
Hours: Monday – Sunday; Full Time, day and night shifts
Pay rate: T&C Grade 3 point 10-16 – £8.20 to £10.00 p/h depending on experience
The purpose of the role is to engage with the Client (service user) – predominantly adult Clients (aged 18 to 65), with acquired or traumatic brain injury and a range of other complex needs (e.g. history of substance misuse) by:
- Working with High View’s Trans-disciplinary Team (TDT) to maximise Clients (service users) wellbeing and rehabilitation
- Providing assistance with personal and physical care to enable each Client, based on an assessment of their condition, abilities, needs and aspirations in order to promote independence and realise potential
- The active delivery of a planned programme of support, aimed at securing improvements in activities of daily living and maintaining quality of life as determined by Integrated Care Plans (ICP).
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The post holder will:
- Be responsible and accountable for carrying out the duties and responsibilities of the post with due regard to the Company’s Policies and Procedures.
- Provide activities through implementing ICP’s (overseen by the TDT), ensuring this is meaningful and focused on health and wellbeing
- Support Clients with all aspects of their wellbeing and rehabilitation to achieve agreed outcomes as part of the integrated approach
- Assist service users to achieve their goals by aiding personal care, advice, coaching, assistance, encouragement and motivation.
- Contribute to monitoring, reviewing and modifying ICP through maintaining accurate records and reporting of the progress of service users against their care plan, goals and outcomes and communicate any areas of concern or significant changes in the health, social or environmental circumstances of Clients to the Line Manager or TDT.
- Be proactively involved in everyday practice with colleagues, Clients, carers, other professionals and agencies to coordinate plans, assess risks and develop appropriate strategies
- Assist Clients when required in areas of personal care, such as dressing, undressing, bathing, toileting or with their medication, including the use of care aids, assistive technology and personal equipment
- Ensure that medication and other health and safety protocols are followed and medication is administered according to service users individual care plan
- Support Clients in preparation of nutritious meals as part of their ICP support
- Support Clients who are temporarily sick or at the end of life
- Contribute to data collection for the overall purpose of monitoring, reviewing and improving the standard of service delivered by High View.
- Receive regular supervision and appraisals from High View management.
- Complete training as decided by management and ensure that continued professional development requirements are met and required modifications in practice are actioned
- To promote awareness of the Service to other professionals and agencies.
- To undertake any other duties as directed from time to time to meet the needs of the service.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS (if applicable)
This job description is a representative document. Other reasonable similar rehabilitation or support duties may be allocated from time to time commensurate with the general character of the post and its grading.
All staff are responsible for the implementation of the Health and Safety Policy so far as it affects them, their colleagues and others who may be affected by their work. The post holder is also expected to monitor the effectiveness of the health and safety arrangements and systems to promote appropriate improvements where necessary.
The post holder will be expected to comply, observe and promote the Equal Opportunities of the Company.
All staff have a duty and responsibility to immediately refer information about any High View employee who they consider pose a risk of harm to vulnerable adults.
This post is exemptfrom the provisions of Section 4(2) of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 by virtue of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975. You are therefore notentitled to withhold information about convictions which for any other purposes are ‘spent’ under the provisions of the Act and any failure to disclose such convictions could result in dismissal or disciplinary action by the Company. Any information given will be completely confidential and will be considered only in relation to the positions to which the Order applies.
A full, enhanced DBS disclosure will be necessary for this post.
Educated to an appropriate level with appropriate CPD in relevant area of Health and Social Care
Trained in Acquired Brain Injury/Traumatic Brain Injury or other rehabilitation
- Relevant experience of working at support level within Health & Social Care rehabilitation service
- OT, Psychology, or other Therapy based education/ training area providing ABI/TBI related Psychological interventions
- Ability to interpret and contribute to person-centred support plans with relevance to the client group and strategic direction of Health & Social Care
- The ability to work with colleagues, Clients and stakeholders (clinical and non-clinical) in relation to the service requirements and resident needs
- Ability to work independently as required and self – manage and prioritise a varied workload
- Managing resources and delivery of objectives and outcomes
- Working knowledge of the regulatory and statutory environment applicable to the Company and the Commissioners
ABILITY, SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Effective interpersonal and influencing skills
- Good presentation skills
- Computer literacy
PERSONAL STYLE AND BEHAVIOUR
- Calm and responsible
- Values based approach
- Works well in a team
- Personal resilience
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please send through your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call him on 0207 701 2982.