Job Title: Research Administrator (Maternity Cover)
Job Location: London
Job Type: Part Time (17.5 Hours/Week)
Expected Salary: £21,700 per annum, pro rate
Job Start: ASAP
This role is responsible for supporting the administration of research related activities at the University College. The post holder will support research activity by members of faculty, research related teaching and supervision, and administer the Research Ethics Committee.
- Maintain and update of on-going research and completed research within the organisation.
- Collate information for the annual research report and update research related copy for the organisation’s website.
- Contribute to the identification and development of research grant opportunities and applications.
- Contribute to the development and delivery of research initiatives.
- Co-ordinate, arrange and minute meetings of research project teams, research steering committees and act as Secretary for the Research and Scholarship Strategy Committee (RSSC).
- Contribute to the production and submission of research, manuscripts for publication.
- Contribute to grant, ethics committee and research governance submissions.
- Communicate and disseminate current and completed research work to the clinic faculty, students and other stakeholders.
- Support the implementation and development of research related policy.
Research Teaching & Supervision
- Work alongside the Head of Research, Unit Leaders and Registry and take a lead role in planning and organising student research presentations and research related events.
- Organize and administer research presentation days and research related events.
- Liaise with research supervisors.
- Assist in the synthesis and administration of marking and feedback of research related assessments.
- Support research teaching VLE development and administration.
Research Ethics Committee
- Administer and minute the Research Ethics Committee.
- To work as an effective team member respecting the rights and interests of others.
- Observe the organisation’s Code of Conduct and policies as set out in the Staff Handbook.
- Any other duties commensurate with the skills of the post holder and may be required by the Head of Research and Deputy Vice Chancellor (Research)
Person specification and Experience required:
- Demonstrable organisational abilities.
- Able to work flexibly, under pressure and manage own workload.
- Willingness to gain further training.
- Interest in the application of research governance and ethical research practice.
- Experience of communicating and liaising with a wide range of people on a daily basis
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Administrative skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Awareness of confidentiality when dealing with personal information
- A commitment to the principles of equality of opportunity
- Good working knowledge of MS Office software including Excel and Access
- Familiarity with reference management software
- Training in research or project management
- Knowledge of good practice and research ethics in higher educational settings
- Understanding of the ethics requirements and monitoring arrangements for health research
- Experience of contributing towards ethics and research applications
- Experience of contributing to research reports to awarding bodies
- Experience of formatting research manuscripts and e-submission for publication
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please send through your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call him on 0207 701 2982.