Job Title: Benefits Advisor
Job Location: London
Job Type: Part Time (7 hours/week)
Main Purpose of Job
To provide a professional and proficient benefits, money management and debt management advice and information service to residents to enable them maximise their income and prevent rent arrears and other debts.
1. Providing advice, information and support to residents on all aspects of money management including benefits, welfare and debt advice.
2. Support and empowering residents to manage their own benefits and debts and take the necessary steps to afford future financial crisis,
3. Offering an effective benefits and budgeting advice service to enable residents to maximise their income and promote financial capability and independence.
4. Managing referrals from colleagues who signpost residents accessing worklessness or regeneration services.
5. Advising residents on actions that can be taken to minimise rent arrears and to avoid escalation.
6. Maintaining up to date records and file notes of all resident contact including action taken.
7. Maintaining up to date knowledge on policy, benefit and welfare reform issues affecting residents in social housing and providing in-house training to colleagues.
8. Raise the benefits of energy efficiency and making changes to behaviour and lifestyle in order to reduce the likelihood of fuel poverty.
9. Undertaking any other duties commensurate with the role that may be necessary to meet business needs. This may include attending evening meetings from time to time.
Appointment will be subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks including a CRB check & a 3 month probationary period
-London Borough of Southwark
-Residents, Leaseholders, and all customers of the Aylesbury Estate/SE17
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please send through your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call him on 0207 701 2982.