Job Title: Resident Caseworker
Job Location: London
Job Type: Part Time (21 hours/week)
Main Purpose of Job
To promote the wellbeing of vulnerable residents i.e. residents in temporary accommodation, older persons, families and youths and to identify and respond to their support needs. To work effectively with partners and multi-agency networks to promote and provide effective support to residents. To ensure that vulnerable people on the estate are informed about aspects of the regeneration programme and targeted assistance available to them. To provide casework support to residents affected by the regeneration and changes in legislation.
1. Disseminating information to vulnerable people about the regeneration of the estate and how to respond to issues that impact upon them due to the regeneration or social, economic or health issues.
2. Supporting the collection and maintenance of information on vulnerable residents in line with data protection and safeguarding requirements.
3. Promoting and marketing the Creation Trust activities and support services to vulnerable residents including referral to services provided by colleagues as appropriate.
4. Ensuring that appropriate systems are in place to safeguard the health and safety of residents and employees.
5. Developing and delivering activities to increase the engagement of vulnerable residents in community events and services. Including supporting with programme outreach.
6. Supporting staff, contractors and volunteers as appropriate to contribute to the successful development and delivery of Trust objectives.
7. Developing effective of partnerships with other agencies, community groups and stakeholders to enable the provision of information, guidance, advice and access to wider opportunities to residents around reducing worklessness, improving health, well-being and educational attainment.
8. Actively engaging with community cultural organisations based on the estate to promote and signpost services to vulnerable residents.
9. Maintaining up to date knowledge on policy issues affecting residents in social housing.
10. Representing the Trust with external bodies as required and promoting the Trust internally and externally, developing a positive external image.
11. Undertaking any other duties commensurate with the role that may be necessary to meet business needs. This may include attending evening meetings from time to time.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please send through your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call him on 0207 701 2982.