Job Title: Royalties Assistant
Job Location: London
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: £16,000 – £18,000/annum
Calling all music lovers who are keen problem solvers who love getting stuck in to a challenge!
We’re looking for someone whose idea of a good time is finally mastering that Rubik’s cube they’ve been working on for months or cracking that last Escape Room code that no one else could. You know that feeling of accomplishment we’re talking about…
This is an office culture where you could be dissecting the role of Kacey Musgraves within the country music landscape or Billie Eilish’s impact on teen pop culture, all while tackling a record label’s royalties, spotting trends and patterns in numbers and unearthing anomalies in music data reporting. Attention to detail and organisation is imperative, as is an impeccable taste in music.
The Music Royalty Company provides financial and administrative services to record labels, distributors, publishers and recording artists.
We are looking for a motivated and dedicated individual to join the Royalty Migration team in a fast-growing company.
Reporting to the Migration Manager, you will be responsible for providing administrative support to a portfolio of clients. The role will focus on processing financial, contractual and label copy data on our internal systems, working as a team to help deliver timely and accurate royalty reporting on a monthly, quarterly, six monthly or yearly basis.
- Provide support on royalty processing tasks
- Collate incoming statements from suppliers
- Monitor and update sales file trackers
- Upload and reconcile incoming royalty statements
- Catalogue mapping
- Upload catalogue and contractual information
- Upload financial transactions
- Assist with client queries
- Reporting on information from our system for management or clients
- Ad hoc projects and responsibilities as required in response to changing business requirements
- Comfortable numerically, with knowledge or ability to learn how to do financial calculations and analysis
- Proficient in MS Office, particularly Excel with the ability to learn customised systems
- A collaborative team member who takes pride in meeting targets and satisfying client requirements
- Responds appropriately to direction regarding deadlines and deliverables
- Ability to learn quickly, and work proactively to meet team and company objectives
- Willingness to learn the detail of the business and its processes
- Experience in the music industry is helpful but not required
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please send through your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call him on 0207 701 2982.