Title: Unit Coordinator
Job Location: London
Job Type: Full Time
- To set up and maintain systems and processes to enable the smooth running of the social work unit, ensuring that the work of the unit is co-ordinated and well organised.
- To act as a first point of contact for enquiries to the unit, some of which may be complex and/or contentious, from other staff, members of the public, or other agencies. To answer queries where possible, and to take messages for members of the unit or direct the caller to another source of help.
- To take phone calls or receive office visits from children and families known to the unit, dealing sensitively with families who may be in distress.
- To ensure diaries and appointments for members of the unit are co-ordinated and accessible.
- To organise meetings and arrange venues for members of the unit and maintain follow up and bring forward systems to alert members to forthcoming meetings and appointments.
- To maintain systems of key statutory requirements for children as directed by the Consultant Social Worker/Practice Development Manager, for example child protection visits, children’s reviews etc., ensuring that members of the unit are aware of due dates in advance.
- To service the weekly case planning meeting ensuring papers are prepared, relevant professionals are invited to specific case discussions and accurate records are kept for each child discussed.
- To take minutes of other professional meetings, some of which may be at other venues, including families’ homes.
- To be aware of children’s and families’ circumstances and to keep up to date on developments within cases, in order to be equipped to answer queries from children, families, staff or other agencies as directed by the Consultant Social Worker/Practice Development Manager.
- To collect and aggregate management information about the work of the unit and produce regular reports as directed by the Consultant Social Worker/Practice Development Manager.
- To undertake research or special projects on behalf of the unit as directed by the Consultant Social Worker/Practice Development Manager.
- To ensure financial payments to families are efficiently managed. To raise purchase orders (paper and electronic) as requested and ensure appropriate authorisation for payments. To implement and operate procedures relating to financial matters in accordance with the Council’s procedures and to ensure all transactions are authorised and recorded e.g. travel warrants, local orders, petty cash, vouchers.
- To arrange transport and other appointments for families, for example children’s medicals, as directed by the members of the unit.
- To work collaboratively with colleagues from all other agencies.
- To be accountable to members of the social work unit for the maintenance of confidentiality, understanding that the work undertaken by the unit will be of a sensitive nature and must not be discussed or disclosed to any other officers without prior agreement.
- To assist in the preparation of reports and briefing papers on a wide range of issues for members of the unit as directed by the Consultant Social Worker/Practice Development Manager.
- To keep records for all members of the unit to include sickness absence, annual leave arrangements, training days taken etc.
- To set up systems and protocols to ensure back up cover can maintain a full service at all times in order to ensure cover arrangements for members of the unit who are not in the office, for example, annual leave, vacancies, sickness etc.
- To ensure that all paper correspondence received is date stamped then stored electronically. Ensure that all correspondence sent out is accurate and drafted to a high standard. To ensure that letters, including complaints, are responded to within reasonable timescales, supporting members of the unit to complete these tasks.
- To draft routine correspondence, for example letters to housing or health agencies, as directed by members of the social work unit.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please send through your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call him on 0207 701 2982.