Job Title: Warehouse Picker/Packer and Stock Taker
Job Location: London
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: £23,000 – £28,000
Warehouse Picker/ Packer and Stock Taker
At Tom Hixson, we want to source the world’s finest meats and proteins to plates of clients across the country. We are working to try and develop a unique food brand that people trust to deliver great tasting meat “wholesale gourmet”. We want to be our customers trusted partner in delivering quality dishes to their table.
Founded over 40 years ago, Tom Hixson of Smithfield is now a 3rd generation business which has seen strong growth in the last 6 years, working with some of the most renowned restaurants, retailers and caterers across the country. This is a fast-paced business servicing hundreds of outlets every day through either our shop in the historic Smithfield Market, through our wholesale depot or our website www.tomhixson.co.uk. Our supplier network reaches across the world enabling us to supply a unique portfolio of 100s of products, creating thousands of opportunities for the business to grow.
We are in the process of restructuring our operations team, as a result we are looking for someone to work nights picking orders and helping manage stock at Tom Hixson. This person will be part of an operations team who are responsible for picking orders and managing stock. The stock responsibility includes making sure stock is in the right physical places in the business and is correct on the system, as well as making sure there is a detail stock take checked regularly
- Ability to take ownership across a variety of tasks
- Able to work nights and rotated to a Saturday shift.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Confident dealing with people at all levels
- Great attention to detail
- Can work independently under limited supervision
- Can Innovate the role to maximise the opportunity
*Our company values:
*We are currently in an exciting period of growth, and we foster a culture where everyone works hard, aims high and supports each other across the whole business.
- INTEGRITY – we are honest with each other and with our clients. We are their trusted partner
- VALUE – we pursue what is valuable to our clients
- COMMITMENT – we always do what we say we’ll do and support the rest of the team when needed
- INNOVATION – we continually look for ways to improve what we do
Training and development:
We provide extensive training opportunities. This includes:
- Full induction
- Introduction to our CRM and website platforms
- We look to provide development opportunities for all team members in line with their capabilities and aspirations where we are able.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please send through your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call him on 0207 701 2982.