WHY USE US?
We are a committed team of partners dedicated to finding jobs to keep keep local people in employment. As we are fully funded we can do this at no cost to you.
WHAT WE CAN DO FOR YOU?
– FREE advertising of your work opportunity and company through our website SE17working.org website, with viewing potential of approximately 7000 local people.
– FREE advertising of your work opportunity and company in our quarterly full colour magazine that goes to over 5,000 homes on the estate and surrounding SE17 area.
– An instant text service delivers your vacancy directly to people that match your needs.
Our Employment Programme ensures that all clients receive Training and Employability Support from 2 weeks to a maximum of 3 months.
Our clients have the skills YOU need for your business in a number of areas including:
– Honesty, reliability and trustworthiness
– Ability to work with others and in a team
– Suitability for the role offered
– Management experience or ability to follow instructions
– Areas in which they can show particular initiative
The programme has been running since June 2013 and we are successfully placing residents into local job opportunities. The types of employment have ranged from School Meal Supervisors to Project Managers. We work with people who may have either recently lost their jobs because of the economic downturn, or people who have a lot of knowledge and practical experience in a chosen field but have never worked.
More than half of the residents are aged between the ages of 19-60 years old therefore not only offers a full active workforce but also offers a good range of consumers. The area also boasts
26 different languages spoken in addition to English. The sheer number of languages spoken – some clients speak on average 3 or more – could hugely contribute to your customer services needs.
Residents also have knowledge of local customs and needs, which can add to your marketing resources – a great investment to your company!
During 2016-17 we have supported 92 local residents into employment and provided 247 with further training.
|2016 – 2017||All||BME||50+||LP||PWD||Women||Low Skill||Aylesbury||under 25|
|No. unemployed Southwark residents supported||458||402||114||78||42||261||161||191||69|
|No. receiving training||247||215||73||36||18||152||81||83||41|
|No. entering employment||92||67||13||17||13||35||26||44||20|
|No. in employment for 13 weeks||54||41||12||12||3||29||12||29||9|
|No. in employment for 26 weeks||43||33||9||8||5||16||11||20||8|
|Southwark residents starting apprenticeships||3||3||0||0||0||3||0||2||3|
If we can help you, please contact Patrischia Warmington – SE17Working Director on 020 7703 8923 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Here is what some of the employers have said about our clients:
“We all love having him here, he has quite a fan club, and I have to be careful not to make him blush when I am singing his praises. Even his manager says he’s a star.”