Job Location: London
Job Type: Full Time
The role of the chef is to prepare food, manage food supplies and ensure that the kitchen is kept clean and tidy and meets all Health and Safety regulations. For some periods the chef will work in the cafe making coffees and serving food.
- Cleans food preparation areas as determined by law and company policy
- Prepares foods to the specifications of the menu
- Operates various kitchen appliances such as a blender, oven, grill, or stand mixer
- Equipment maintenance ensuring all equipment is looked after, all defects must be reported.
- Prepares food before the cafe opens
- Acts as liaison to front-of-house employees to ensure proper food service temperature
- Comes up with offers and promotions to keep the menu offer interesting and profitable
- Offers a creative menu to compete with other local cafes
- Supporting the manager in the ordering of supplies and negotiating with suppliers to obtain value for money for the cafe
- Communicates with the manager and other staff about how to improve meal service
- Keeps records and accounts of food purchases, deliveries and wastage.
- Completing food hygiene documents to comply with the law and writing environmental health reports when necessary.
- Estimates expected food consumption and organises preparation
- Managing inventory and keeping control of stock.
Supporting the Coffee Shop
- Cleans up after business hours
- Option to train as a barista
- Support the coffee shop manager in the day to day running of the coffee shop, for instance
preparing/serving coffee and food, operating the till and credit card machine, cleaning the
food preparation and customer areas (including toilets).
- Support the coffee shop manager to create and maintain an ambience and environment in
accordance with the vision of the charity
All customer are required to wear a mask, hand sanitizer station provided.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- London SE5 7LA (preferred)
- Chef: 1 year (preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitisation, disinfection or cleaning procedures in place
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please send through your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 0207 701 2982.